CORONA Virus (COVID-19) – FAQ
Pondworks is Committed to Providing the Safest Possible Treatment Environment
What Is Pondworks Doing to Meet CDC Guidelines?
- We are moving from in person appointments to telemedicine. New patients should indicate on the initial consultation request form that they are interested in a telemedicine appointment. Established patients should contact us, by phone or our patient portal, for assistance.
In Our Office, We Are:
- Interacting with patients through our closed office window. If we do need to open the window to speak with you, please stand back to allow space.
- Using hand sanitizer (greater than 60% alcohol content)
- Regularly disinfecting common area surfaces.
- Suspending use of our phone check-in process.
- Removing all reading materials from our waiting rooms.
We Are Asking Patients To:
- Stay home if they have symptoms of COVID-19
- Maintain 6′ distance from others, in either of our two waiting rooms. We have placed green dots on the carpet under chairs in our smaller waiting room to maintain 6′ spacing.
- Make payments online, through our online patient portal, to avoid passing credit cards back and forth.
- Contact your insurance company to verify your telemedicine coverage.
- Contact your Human Resources department, if you have employer-based commercial insurance and are having difficulty with telemedicine being covered by your plan.
What is Corona Virus or COVID-19?
- Coronavirus disease 2019 or COVID-19 comes from the same viruses that commonly circulate among humans and cause mild illness, like the common cold. It is a new form of the virus and we are learning more about it as the situation develops.
- We continue to monitor these developments and the recommendations put forward by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Information Sources for COVID-19:
- President’s Corona Virus Guidelines for America: “15 Days to Slow the Spread”
- Center for Disease Control – CDC- Corona Virus FAQs
- Texas Department of State Health Services – COVID-19
- Texas Medical Association – Corona Virus Answers
- Federal Expansion of Telehealth Coverage During Coronavirus Emergency